[peel] recording peel

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Thu Jun 24 09:34:44 CEST 2004

At 00:30 24/06/2004 +0100, you wrote:
 >Jan Robertson wrote:
 >> as july & the new radio 1 timetable draws nearer I'm looking for an easier
 >> way of recording the peel shows. I know that the shows are available online
 >> afterwards for a week but I find that it doesn't always work. Can anyone
 >> suggest a way of recording as mp3s (say a particular tv/radio card plus
good
 >> recording software?) as I won't be able to stay up and record manually as
 >> before :(

And to add a different and slighty less digital option
I run a lead from the tape outputs on an amplifier
to the line in/out of my computer.  I then use  TotalRecorder
http://www.HighCriteria.com         to record the input  (also works
with Internet streams).   Its shareware but very cheap  (the free version
is too limited to be useful).     Comes with a timer which has proved very
useful for
recording things when I'm asleep
I suspect there are as many different methods of doing all this as there
are people on this list!

martinw