Festive 50 - 2004

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Thu Dec 30 22:38:56 CET 2004

Hello Phil/All,

I'm not a great fan of the Festive Fifty, but I will agree with most
of what you have said. I am more concerned that tonight will probably
be the last Peel Programme. I understand that "One Click" which is a
real "off-the-wall" experimental Programme will be in the 2300 hours
slot in January, at the moment I don't know what will follow in
February.

Whilst Rob has done a good job as a Caretaker, I don't feel that he
has the right level of enthusiasm for such a Programme. He has,
however, done a very difficult job under some very sad circumstances.

I have to say John Peel was not only the only Programme on Radio 1 I
listened to, more than that, his was the only Programme I listened to
on Radio full stop.

Music Radio, to use John's own words is "predictable porridge", and
Talk-based Radio tends to be about the same subjects: divorce, abuse,
N.H.S., Government, etc. There are very few format free Programmes on
any kind of Radio these days - Talk or Music.

As a sort of sign of respect, since his passing, I haven't turned on
the same Radio that I used to listen to him; I listen to Rob via the
Internet, and would like to say that I thought Peel Night was
fantastic.

Regarding Peel F.M., the Servers have now been bought, and I will be
testing them over the next month or so, but I hope Radio 1 decide
to "Keep It Peel" in 2005 and beyond whether it takes off or not.

Happy listening tonight and New Year 2005.

Cheers.