[peel] Streambox - was Keep It Peel

Garry Latham garry_latham@...
Mon Dec 20 17:33:30 CET 2004

You need the latest version of StreamBox (v2), as it has StreamBox Ripper bundled with it, and that can convert .ra files into .wav files.  From there you just need something that can convert wav to mp3, and there plenty of them on the web.

Garry

Andy Irvine <andy.irvine@...> wrote:
Afternoon.

Apologies for pushing this one further into techy help forum territory, but does anyone know how to convert my newly-acquired .ra files into .mp3 (or anything else, really) without simply recording the RealPlayer output real-time?  Or does the RealAudio format's copyright thing rule that out?

(in case anyone is interested, I failed with StreamBox but succeeded with Net Transport)

Ta!  (and sorry again)
-----Original Message-----
From: cr lawson [mailto:rlawson@...]
Sent: 20 December 2004 10:39
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Streambox - was Keep It Peel

great single.....i managed to get a copy through CD zone
http://www.cdzone.co.uk/
i also have another 12" by them but not as impressive...
just listening to the last part of the tribute evening through the web site...it was superb !
Chris Lane wrote:   I keep getting "Connecting error 10054, Connection reset by Peer" messages when I try so I guess that could be our firewall - although I can listen live to the BBC streaming content so I'm not sure what the difference mihgt be - any ideas anyone?

P.S. I have just this morning received a record I've been trying to get my hands on since I heard it as no.50 in the 1995 F50 - You Can't by Safe Deposit - thanks to a seller on Netsoundsmusic.com