[peel] Streambox - was Keep It Peel

Andy Irvine andy.irvine@...
Mon Dec 20 14:43:52 CET 2004

Afternoon.

Apologies for pushing this one further into techy help forum territory, but
does anyone know how to convert my newly-acquired .ra files into .mp3 (or
anything else, really) without simply recording the RealPlayer output
real-time?  Or does the RealAudio format's copyright thing rule that out?

(in case anyone is interested, I failed with StreamBox but succeeded with
Net Transport)

Ta!  (and sorry again)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: cr lawson [mailto:rlawson@...]
  Sent: 20 December 2004 10:39
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [peel] Streambox - was Keep It Peel

  great single.....i managed to get a copy through CD zone
  http://www.cdzone.co.uk/
  i also have another 12" by them but not as impressive...
  just listening to the last part of the tribute evening through the web
site...it was superb !

  Chris Lane wrote:

    I keep getting "Connecting error 10054, Connection reset by Peer"
messages when I try so I guess that could be our firewall - although I can
listen live to the BBC streaming content so I'm not sure what the difference
mihgt be - any ideas anyone?
    P.S. I have just this morning received a record I've been trying to get
my hands on since I heard it as no.50 in the 1995 F50 - You Can't by Safe
Deposit - thanks to a seller on Netsoundsmusic.com