F50

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sun Jan 5 17:17:27 CET 2003

>I suspect the main reason electronica, reggae and other areas too are
>underrepresented
>in the F50 is simply because he plays a different track every time and no
>one track
>can build up sufficient support,

very true, i reckon - I reckon the biggest reggae track in the chart
ever (correct me if I'm wrong) would have been the Natural Ites
'Picture on My Wall' which was a single and maybe the only track the
band ever got played on radio more than once (unlike the various
Misty ones etc and thus got focused on greatly - it was a massive
favourite of JP too.

>  When
>Peel does play
>one of these a tracks a lot it does get support - the Marc Smith track
>being an obvious example
>- how many votes would that have got if he'd played it only once

Still not convinced that it wasn't a case of mistaken identity!
(remember D.O.S.E from a past year)
Is Marc Smith the Scottish Marc Smith? (as opposed to a Southern one, perhaps?)

http://www.isthismusic.com