holidays

jdonelkovich spinnerx15@...
Fri Feb 15 16:15:06 CET 2002

Last night's program featured The Loves who, although also from
Wales, are not related to Melys (at least I don't think). I do agree
they sounded a bit off at times, and their version of Queen's "You're
My Best Friend" was a little "ropey," but enjoyable nonetheless. (If
its any consolation, i think the Loves are all quite young. And their
singles are much better than their live sessions have been).
Yes, I think I will also be skipping the substitutes during the
upcoming holiday, except for the Rock Show. Why didn't they just get
Mary-Anne Hobbs to fill in? She's substituted before, and has done
very credible "Peel-like" programs.

---john