Low

Leo Gilbert sete.colinas@...
Mon Dec 30 15:14:16 CET 2002

For me, Low get better and better. The new album is excellent, and I
thought their F50 entries outshone their neighbours no end. I saw them
at the Chapel in Islington prior to the release of Trust, but they did
play quite a few songs from it - and they were magical live. I'd go
again.

As for the F50, this year for the first time I appreciated why Peel
finds the whole thing so dull. Usually I listen in hoping to hear some
great songs that I've missed during the year. This time, all I heard was
safe-sounding popular choices. Peel's programme retains its freshness
precisely because he plays what he wants, not what any committee or
fanbase requests. Not that I love everything he plays, by any means, but
I do love that he plays it.

Leo