Andy Kershaw

Stuart McHugh Stuart@...
Mon May 29 19:20:54 CEST 2000

>I always stick up for Simon Mayo because I have always found his show
>enjoyable whatever anybody says about him. He may not have the greatest
>music taste but it is a lot better than the playlist. He has the 9-12 slot
>down to a tee and to me it is the only daytime show I will actively try and
>listen to apart from Mark n Lard. Certainly to compare him to CW, TOTP and
>the Top 40 is insulting.
People often forget that he used to do the Evening Session (easy given his
standing amongst the likes of Zoe Ball as 'tv personality') and therefore
has knowkedge and some interest in indie music (he's been into the Delgados
for a while now; he planned on having a Delgados track from Peloton as his
Record of the Week but the BBC chiefs stopped him as it wasn't
daytime-friendly enough).
That and his constant squeezing the Smiths and occasional Dead Kennedys
into his Mystery Years plus playing the wrong' versions of various rap
tracks makes his show worth a listen.

Stuart
http://www.jockrock.org