[peel] Andy Kershaw

Jan Buxton janb@...
Sun May 28 12:25:04 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Ed Blackmore <edblackmore@...>
To: <andy.parfitt@...>
Cc: <john.peel@...>; <andy.kershaw@...>;
<mark.radcliffe@...>; <jo.whiley@...>; <peel@egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2000 4:21 AM
Subject: [peel] Andy Kershaw

> Dear Andy Parfitt,

> I just can't see how another two hours of 'graveyard' shift airtime will
add
> to the mainstream Radio One that consists of 'DJing by numbers' pop
> (Clive Warren, Simon Mayo, TOTP and Top 40),

I always stick up for Simon Mayo because I have always found his show
enjoyable whatever anybody says about him. He may not have the greatest
music taste but it is a lot better than the playlist. He has the 9-12 slot
down to a tee and to me it is the only daytime show I will actively try and
listen to apart from Mark n Lard. Certainly to compare him to CW, TOTP and
the Top 40 is insulting.

--
Jan