Andy Kershaw

Ed Blackmore edblackmore@...
Wed May 31 00:18:50 CEST 2000

Dear Andy,
Thankyou for replying to my email. I have a few points in reply:
1. You have failed to explain why it is necessary to clear Andy's 2
hours of airtime to add your 'cutting edge' radio. You appear to like
his style of show. Are listening figures falling, or do you think you
can add a more diverse show. 2. You say that musical trends are
constantly changing, but this isn't the case for Andy Kershaw's show.
He hasn't changed in 14 years, and he has a loyal fanbase of dedicated
fans. Perhaps if you were to care more about loyal and long-term Radio
One listeners, people would stay listening to Radio One. 3. Why are
you advertising Radio One so much on Radio One, it's supposed to be a
non-commercial station. There's the 'loved-up parade' which you're
broadcasting trailers on air for seven weeks before the event!, and
that 'Basement Jac's' live event trailer that was over a minute long,
and included the words "radio one" about 30 times. It's not long
before Radio One will turn rename itself 'Today's best music and
non-stop hits Radio One 97 to 88 FM", and say that mouthfull everytime
you mean Radio One, like the commercial stations.

I know you're going to send out your generic reply again and not care
what you're minority listeners think. I will not stop emailing until
you give satisfactory answers to may questions. I'm a student, I have
lots of time, and care about good music.

Ed Blackmore.
Ed Blackmore, 2nd Year Computation UMIST