Andy Kershaw

Lorcan Mongey lorcan@...
Thu Jun 8 15:28:38 CEST 2000

--- In peel@egroups.com, "Jon Riley" <jonriley@j...> wrote:
> Personally I feel his rightful place is on Radio 3, the
increasingly broad-minded home of serious musical culture. Jazz has
opened a few windows recently in this previously stuffy station, and
Kershaw would provide a welcome blast of sunshine. He should have a
minimum of two hours a week - half an hour every evening would be
ideal. And I'd wager that Kershaw fans would then find programs
either side of his which might be far more to their taste than what
has surrounded him on Radio 1.

I've just had an email from Roger Wright, the Controller of Radio 3.
While it's not actually a confirmation of a new home for Kershaw, it
does at least hold out some hope:

Dear Lorcan,
Thanks for your E-mail.
No plans to be able to tell you.
We are though planning to extend our world music programmes and we
will
announce more in due course.
Hope you are able to hear all our coverage from WOMAD.
Thanks for your interest.
Roger Wright
Controller, Radio 3
Radio 3 website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/