Peel Night Fallout

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Thu Sep 2 11:11:43 CEST 1999

>Peel reckons that he and the interviewer had a light
>hearted talk about a whole load of things about being a father/son but
>that they deliberately edited out everything else bar him having a go
>at William.
I don't know how accurate that might be as the chat was probably fuelled by
red wine; he certainly did have a lot to say about it, but it was certainly
edited by someone with an interest in psychoanalysis as they did rather
dwell on this subject - and the interviewer was no better, just when the
conversation would return to music or the war or something more fruitful,
he would say "so, back to your son's room then".
The radio shows for Wednesday and Thursday are covering what I take to be
live stuff which wasn't broadcast from Maida Vale as there were
documentaries going out at the time - last night had Bonny Prince Billy
and, er, someone else, Cinerama are tonight.
Did anyone hear the last track on the Tuesday show, Solex's version of
'Teenage Kicks'? My tape ran out!

Stuart