Hello from new list member

Kim Harrison-Lavoie kimhl@...
Tue May 25 13:43:11 CEST 1999

On Tue, 25 May 1999 00:46:52 +0100 Ken Garner and Magda
Pieczka <kenandmagda@...> wrote:

> Stuart McHugh of Jockrock has just today brought this list
> to my attention and I have signed up immediately. My name
> is Ken Garner, and a few years ago I wrote a book called IN
> SESSION TONIGHT ((BBC Books, 1993) about the history of
> Radio 1 sessions, including the Peel Sessions. I have
> been listening to Peel on and off since 1975.

I'd be curious to know what everyone's top 5 favourite Peel
sessions are, especially those people who have been
listening as long as you have.

> PS. I do not use emoticons. I do English. It's what I know.

  :o(

> PPS. Has there been discussion earlier in the list about
> the "whites-only playlist" allegations made so erroneously
> in the Guardian and Independent earlier this year?
> Journalists, eh? I wouldn't trust them

Only briefly. I know that certain types of music such as
Hip Hop don't get played heavily on his programme, but I
don't think that justifies an accusation of racism.

Kim

Kim Harrison-Lavoie
kimhl@...