Hello from new list member

Stig jmsmall@...
Tue May 25 14:10:01 CEST 1999

Kim Harrison-Lavoie wrote:
> > PS. I do not use emoticons. I do English. It's what I know.
>
>   :o(

Damn! She beat me to it! :(

> > PPS. Has there been discussion earlier in the list about
> > the "whites-only playlist" allegations made so erroneously
> > in the Guardian and Independent earlier this year?
> > Journalists, eh? I wouldn't trust them
>
> Only briefly. I know that certain types of music such as
> Hip Hop don't get played heavily on his programme, but I
> don't think that justifies an accusation of racism.

Yeah, I never read the article but from what Peelie was saying about it
himself on his programme I think it suggested that in his old age he has
stopped championing "black" music (whatever the hell that is) and
tending towards the white skinny middle-class indie-kids. In which case
it was clearly written by someone who doesn't listen to his programmes,
seeing as there's rarely a show goes by without some reggae-ish stuff.
That kind of lazy journalism does not help to convince me that the
majority of journalists in this country even in so-called quality papers
are not worthless slimey scumsucking lazy slags. Oops present company
excepted.

Stig

--
jmsmall@...