Hello from new list member

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Tue May 25 11:39:11 CEST 1999

A big peel@onelist.com welcome to Ken. Any other newcomers? List traffic
has been quietish recently, the students must be off (again), or something.
What with Tom's tales of dinner at Peel Acres it looks like the list will
soon be a combination of personal friends and stalkers of the man. (See you
all at the Art School tomorrow night; I'll be the one lurking in the
bushes).

>He'll also be a guest on Fred McAuley's Radio Scotland show (8.45am)
>tomorrow (Tues).
As you said, he wasn't; I shall tune in tomorrow as, well, you never know.

>PPS. Has there been discussion earlier in the list about the "whites-only
>playlist" allegations made so erroneously in the Guardian and Independent
>earlier this year? Journalists, eh? I wouldn't trust them
There was a discussion somewhere but I'm not sure if it was on this list
(this list possibly started out after that). I never saw the article but a
brief synopsis from someone else suggested that this was something of a
non-story, a journo trying desperately to get some column inches by well,
basically lying. Was this separate to the Julie Burchill thing where she
criticised him for something else tenuous, like being old ?

Stuart

new for Spring, Jock Box Jury features sound clips and reviews of Mogwai,
Arab Strap, the Rev. Corps of Teenage Jesus, BOWS, and a load more:
http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk/jockrock/records/records.html