clinic/peej

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Mon Mar 1 10:42:47 CET 1999

>4. Erm, that's all I guess except that I think I'll stick
>to information-only posts in the future or maybe just
>lurk...
Plewase don't do that, everyone has a right to discuss (and anyway, we're
just starting to get a deecent number of posts here!) As long as the
material posted isn't insulting or offensive... I should say that I agree
with Kim's comments, knowing that they were tongue-in-cheek - Peel himself
has ofen joked about his battle with new technology such as email, and
indeed cd players and the like; if he makes the odd mistake I don't think
he (were he reading this, which I'm sure he's not) would take offence, his
fallibility in the dj'ing stakes in the areas of playing records at the
wrong speed etc is well-known and his fame is partly based on this -
impressions of him etc usualy feature his voice saying "that doesn't sound
right" or somesuch. But in fact, his dj'ing, technically, is no better or
worse than any one else at the station, take Zoe Ball at the dodgy end of
the scale, but even so-called professional dj's such as Dave Pearce, whose
career must be based on their mastery of the decks (can't be on
personality) still make mistakes. And they don't recover as well as Peel.
And Peel has more dodgy clear vinyl mispressed 33rpm ep's with no labels to
contend with.
Ahem.

Stuart

http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk