clinic

Stig jmsmall@...
Wed Feb 24 22:16:27 CET 1999

Stuart McHugh wrote:
> >If I said I wasn't too impressed by Clinic's appearance live on the
> >Peel show would I be a philistine who wouldn't know good music if
> >it came up and bit me on the arse or do "the best band in Britain"
> >sound better on record?
> Cuh, didn't hear it (only got back late last night) but what I saw/heard on
> the NME tv show was a bit murky to say the ;least. And their Festive 50
> tracks for this year weren't all that hot, not as catchy as "IPC
> subeditors" was.

What on earth are you talking about? Their appearance on that Channel4
NME thing was a bit shaky/nervy, but incredibly exciting and easily the
best thing on it by quite a long way. And their Peel set was excellent!
As for IPC Sub-editors, I'd say it is more than equalled by "Cement
Mixer" and "Lester Young", Stuart...

> I'd say that the musically-quite-close Male Nurse blow
> them away or songs.

The Male Nurse? Musically-quite-close-to-the-Fall you mean... they sound
nothing like Clinic to me.

Stig

--
jmsmall@...