Peel and Simon Mayo

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Thu Apr 22 16:42:16 CEST 1999

>>Having your name read out by John Peel? How petty is that?
>>
>I can see how it might appear petty but I failed to mention I'm not in the
>UK but in Atlanta Georgia. So I >certainly don't need the tape to impress
>my friends, as no one here would have a clue who John Peel is.
Glad you didn't take it personally, because Stig was being tongue-in-cheek
I reckon - non-UK residents wouldn't realise that Stig is the Mark E. Smith
of the Peel mail-list, as he gets dedications and mentions on a regular
basis.

>A few years ago while visiting England Peel contacted me and, again to my
>surprise, invited me and my >wife out to Peel Acres for dinner.
Although Stig has some way to go before he reaches the heights of lig-dom
that Tom has scaled here!

Stuart