Yahoo Groups is a Norwegian Blue

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Fri Oct 18 01:14:54 CEST 2019

> Going to have to find a new home for these messages, this is an ex-parrot
> https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/16/20917710/yahoo-groups-deleting-all-content-upload-message-boards-email-communities https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/16/20917710/yahoo-groups-deleting-all-content-upload-message-boards-email-communities?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Well, nice to them to let us know! (As group ownerr, I’ve heard nothing). Will be sad to see it go but to be honest the mechanism for the list has neen in decline since Yahoo took over eGroups in 2000 (this list was set up probably around 1998 or so as an eGroup).

Not sure what to suggest - Google Groups aren’t very widely used, and I don’t really get the way Reddit operates in terms of the moderation of topics. A couple of groups from ‘back in the day’  went to running mailservers but that requires someone with the space, expertise, capacity and time to administer them. But I suppose if someone comes up with something that works then great…