[peel] Re: Yahoo Says You Can't Add New Topics after 28th October 2019. I'm checking whether it's true or not

Chris J Brady chrisjbrady@...
Fri Nov 1 20:59:54 CET 2019

 On other Yahoo Groups folks chipped and paid for the first year's premium for a new IO Group.

Then IO staff will do a complete transfer from Yahoo to IO. They will transfer every thing - although for one Yahoo Group they forgot about the images.

IO Groups have the same functionality as Yahoo Groups now used to have, and more.

All Yahoo Groups will have all content deleted on Dec 14, incl. archives of messages.

CJB

     On Friday, 1 November 2019, 19:45:13 GMT, Br br@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Stuart,

> That's great, thanks for doing all that work, at least the archive
> will live on. What about mailman is not as good/reliable as groups.io?

Mailman is not really the problem, but it's currently running on a cheap
hosted server with slow CPU and disk with no redundancy, managed by a
single person.

If the disk breaks down I can probably restore the list from a backup,
but this takes time and some of the data could be lost too.

If there is enough interest I could get a faster VPS with redundant
disks, but I may not always have time to manage it or keep it running,
so I think groups.io will definately be a longer lasting solution.

If we set up a free groups.io Peel group now, I think we can still
upgrade to premium and import old messages later.

Branko

8741229hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;mariv4958741229last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight: {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-spac