[peel] Re: Yahoo Says You Can't Add New Topics after 28th October 2019. I'm checking whether it's true or not

Br br@...
Fri Nov 1 20:45:07 CET 2019

Hi Stuart,

> That's great, thanks for doing all that work, at least the archive
> will live on. What about mailman is not as good/reliable as groups.io?

Mailman is not really the problem, but it's currently running on a cheap
hosted server with slow CPU and disk with no redundancy, managed by a
single person.

If the disk breaks down I can probably restore the list from a backup,
but this takes time and some of the data could be lost too.

If there is enough interest I could get a faster VPS with redundant
disks, but I may not always have time to manage it or keep it running,
so I think groups.io will definately be a longer lasting solution.

If we set up a free groups.io Peel group now, I think we can still
upgrade to premium and import old messages later.

Branko