(Belated) Happy New Year

Mark mutetourettes@...
Wed Jan 16 09:55:20 CET 2019

As a 100% devoted Peel-child (listening from late 80s onwards) I feel that
I perhaps should now come out and say "I never really got into the Fall".

Yup. God knows I've tried, listened on Peel shows enough, got the singles
box set even, saw (and enjoyed) their very orange set at reading 1990.. but
somehow doesn't click

Also don't get beefheart, but, yeah.. maybe you had to be there...

I'm also starting to realise I never liked Pavement that much either...
listening now they seem like a second rate 'lite' sonic youth tribute...
can't actually remember if Peel liked them or not..

Still the stuff he turned me on to far far outweighs those... I'm with Dr
Mango (and probably a similar age!) in that I didn't get on with some of
the african/old etc
bits and bobs, but now I can enjoy that's really great stuff! So..

getting older....