(Belated) Happy New Year

johnpeel3904@... johnpeel3904@...
Tue Jan 15 00:45:17 CET 2019

GENRES OF MUSIC THAT PEEL PLAYED:

 PUNK (Probably the genre that alot of my musicial tastes are based on. I generally preferred the hardcore punk stuff from the 80's than the Sex Pistols or Clash type of punk)

 REGGAE (I liked the roots reggae, but I wasn't keen on the dancehall stuff from the 90's and beyond)

 DRUM AND BASS: (Some of it was OK, but it didn't want to make me buy them)

 HAPPY HARDCORE: (I have to confess I did like alot of them. I still listen to them from that era when Peel played them)

 WORLD MUSIC (I  liked some of them, especially the Bhangra stuff from the 80's and some of the Asian and African artists. Wasn't that keen on the soukous stuff, but I did like some of the Zimbabwean and Mali material. Even some of the South American music was really good)

 BLUES (Not particular keen on it, but there were one or two that I may liked)

 JAZZ (Very rare to have one that I liked. None of my musical tastes features any resemblance of jazz)

 HIP HOP (Alot of his 80's stuff I liked. Of course he never played much hip hop from the 90's and beyond. I agree with Peel that hip hop sucked from the 90's and beyond)

 COUNTRY (He opened up real country music for me, which otherwise was full of Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers on TV and radio)

 ELECTRONIC (Probably the second genre of music that I really like)

 FOLK (I have to confess I did like some of it, although I wasn't keen on the Irish ones like the Dubliners)

 PROG ROCK (Wasn't much keen on them. They were predictable and their music was too long. Punk did finally came in and dismantled them thank God !!)

 SOUL MUSIC: (Wasn't keen on the doo-wop stuff, but I did like some of the Northern Soul material.)

 SOME OF THE ARTISTS THAT PEEL LIKED:

 THE FALL: (They did make some really clever stuff and I do listen to some of it)

 HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT: (Not particularly keen on them, although I do like the simplicity of Vatican Broadside)

 SOME OF THE ARTISTS THAT PEEL DIDN'T LIKE:

 KATE BUSH (I liked some of her well known hits, but she kinda sucked after the mid 80's)

 STONE ROSES (their first album was really good, although second was awful, and they thankfully split)