[peel] Re: (Belated) Happy New Year

Rocker Rosehip rockerq@...
Mon Jan 14 22:51:59 CET 2019

 Always loved The Fall right from hearing him play 'Bingo Master', but I never understood his passion for Gene, or The Farm. Maybe they were just nice people but I never 'got' any of their songs, especially Gene, who in my estimation were just a second rate copy of The Smiths from three years earlier.
Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr M D Luetchford M.Luetchford@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: yahoogroups <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:59
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: (Belated) Happy New Year

    Lots of suggestions there to have another go at self education to get up for a lot with the Pastels. No one rose to my challenge of sharing Peel's disdain for bands others liked to listen to - a comment from him about the pastels doing the worse session ever for his show was root of my comment. Did I read somewhere he never played much Springsteen?  another opinion I share.how about vice versa? Eg Not "getting" bands he championed from his roof top. Is there anyone on here who doesn't like listening to The Fall. Or if that was the case would they be here?Obviously all opinions are as valid as others when it comes to liking stuff but good to get the email traffic troubling in 2019.Mark