[peel] Maida Vale To Close

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Sun Jun 10 16:19:05 CEST 2018

The letter that is linked to from article is a bit random but reinforces what has been said before about John's complex relationship with radio 1 which put him on air and bought him to the majority of us.

   From: "RobF robfleay@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
 To: peel@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:07
 Subject: Re: [peel] Maida Vale To Close

    Very sad - such a lovely old building, but if they are opening a new modern studio in the Olympic Village and that means more live music and sessions, then that has to be a positive step. They could just close Maida Vale and not replace it, or half-heartedly replace it with some cheap and nasty alternative. I hope they keep the new building and don't just bulldoze it. I don't think they could make a blue plaque big enough though