[peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

Max Louis Ella Frances James mlefj@...
Fri Feb 16 14:26:07 CET 2018

 I was about to say exactly the same thing - couldn't believe hearing this.  We have to remember that John's excited reaction was not reflected across the board - 'Low' got a poor reception initially and only sold 50.000ish copies originally - well below previous offerings since 'Ziggy'.  Only later was it recognised as a game changing classic.  John knows it is something special/original from the very beginning - he always knew what was important!

Thanks as ever to all the uploaders.  It is really appreciated.
James

      From: "thebarguest@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
 To: peel@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, 16 February 2018, 10:50
 Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

    It was exciting hearing the 11th Jan 77 show, like witnessing a piece of history, probably the first ever broadcast of what is now regarded as one of the best / most important LPs of all time - "Low". Three days before it was in the shops. And Peely is just as excited as me, 41 years later ! Peely seemed to play whole LPs a lot in that era - I remember him playing "Black and White" by the Stranglers in 78 before it was released, very exciting. I think he stopped doing it shortly after - pity really, imagine a show with the whole of "Scary Munsters" (Bowie's last great LP) or "Unknown Pleasures" (prob the bes-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10ctivity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;v {border:1px solid #666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yi