[peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Fri Feb 16 11:50:39 CET 2018

It was exciting hearing the 11th Jan 77 show, like witnessing a piece of history, probably the first ever broadcast of what is now regarded as one of the best / most important LPs of all time - "Low". Three days before it was in the shops. And Peely is just as excited as me, 41 years later ! Peely seemed to play whole LPs a lot in that era - I remember him playing "Black and White" by the Stranglers in 78 before it was released, very exciting. I think he stopped doing it shortly after - pity really, imagine a show with the whole of "Scary Munsters" (Bowie's last great LP) or "Unknown Pleasures" (prob the best ever new-wave LP)...