[peel] Re: Festive 50 1977 top 14

m.Luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Sun Sep 3 19:33:10 CEST 2017

Excellent discovery. Thank you.
The 6music special for the 70s was a bit disappointing. Good to here the voice on the radio but no real explanation of how important  he was and why ...

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "billfromnorthwales@yahoo.co.uk [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 01/09/2017  8:18 pm  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: Festive 50 1977 top 14

      Hello Rhythm Pals

Steven was kind enough to send me the original tape for the Peel proto Festive 50 top 15, so I had a go at getting a better rip and the result is here, as Flac and mp3

http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/03%20Tapes/McClachlan%20Tape/

The cassette was an "EMISTAR" (not sure if any relation to the EMI group type - no logo), but had help up very well over the last 40 years, and was very well recorded on good equipment I am sure

Thanks to Steven for sending the priceless item to preserve

Always happy to help if any of our Prime ripping teams have problem tapes, or if anyone else has a reel to reel or cassette they'd like send.