25 Minute Audio Of John Ravenscroft On WRR

johnpeel3904@... johnpeel3904@...
Sat Feb 18 20:12:31 CET 2017

On the Radio Radio documentary, Peel mentioned that his voice from the 1961 recording sounded like he was a minor member of the royal family. So yes, very different from later years. The shows he was presenting on WRR were all Blues records, so if anyone is expecting Elvis or Bill Haley or even Roy Orbison in the playlist, I think they'll be very disappointed.

 On the seller's copy, he mentioned that it was a 1962 Paul Carroll show featuring guest DJ John Ravenscroft playing blues records. Unless I'm mistaken there was a Bill Carroll who presented Kats Karavan on WRR, so the Paul Carroll could be a wrong name.

 If this is the real thing, then this show is either the following:

 1) The debut appearance of Peel on radio where he talked about his Blues collection on Carroll's show
 OR
 2) Carroll may not have been well on that day to do his show therefore Peel could have been the replacement on that occasion.