[peel] Peel's Tracklistings Dedication

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Mon Aug 21 19:07:51 CEST 2017

Hi JP3904.

Great news that you've been able to book two trips to the BBC written archives. There's a few track listings that would benefit from being completed, or having gaps filled in. There's a few puzzles it would be nice to have solved. Here's my list:

1. 24 May 1979
Strange edit after the first track. Was something omitted?
2. 11 December 1979
The last ten minutes of this shared tape are most likely not from this show. Would be good to confirm it. The tracks appear to be from March / April 1980 instead (see below).
3. 13 November 1980
Heavily edited tape / show.
4. 02 March 1981
Would be good to have full listing to confirm my suspicion that the tracks at the start of the listing attributed to this date are not from to (actually from later in the year).
5. 16 April 1981
To confirm if the tracks from my "Dr Mango Tape1 (mixtape)" are all from this date.
6. 21 March 1990
To create an active link for the football reference I added to the "Matched Mentioned" page (sourced from my recording of the Senseless Things Peel session that night).
7. 20 October 1991
A heavily edited track listing. Would be good to have it complete.
8. 06 November 1992
Would be good to have the full listing to confirm my suspicion that Peel may have played the Attack single. Or not.

There's plenty of other shows that are incomplete, but these are just some that sprang to mind.

March / April 1980 shows
The three tracks tacked onto the recording of the 11 December 1979 show seem to come from late March or April 1980, as the Madness track is from their "Work, Rest & Play" EP. Peel started to play this in late March. Having surveyed the March / April 1980 listings, the following shows / track listings are incomplete. Again, would be very handy if you could get the full listings to try and pin down the broadcast date:

24 March 1980 (final 45 mins missing).
25 March 1980 (full tracklisting claimed but appears to be final 30 mins missing).
2 April 1980 (45 mins currently available).
3 April 1980 (final 90 mins missing).
7 April 1980 (first hour only is available)
10 April 1980 (final 15 mins missing).
16 April 1980 (No show info whatsover)
17 April 1980 (No show info whatsover)
23 April 1980 (No show info whatsover)