[peel] More from Dirk and new FRS

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Mon Oct 17 20:27:50 CEST 2016

Thank you - personally not a FRS fan but know others are. BFBS shows always welcome - slightly ironic that Dirk stopped recording when he was in the army (presumably German army doing national service) when the show was nominally for UK armed forces based in Germany!
Went to see Terry and Gerry last night and the night before they had done another show in honour of John Peel so they are still spreading the news...
catch them if you can ...http://www.terryandgerry.com/

Mark

      From: "so_it_goes_2512@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
 To: peel@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, 17 October 2016, 13:57
 Subject: [peel] More from Dirk and new FRS

    Hi gang
Apologies for my long radio silence, but now I can present to you Peel 180 to Peel 189, taking us to the middle of August 1991. As Dirk told me, he was in the army during this time so taping took a back seat. Since this is now exactly halfway through his collection and we are starting to get some crossover with Max's and Carsten's recordings, my next offerings will concentrate on more of Carsten's complete shows from 1997 onwards.
I have been doing some more procuring, but this time for Friday Rock Show recordings: a chance email to a blog writer led to a whole slew of previously unavailable stuff. Up to now, I have been notifying members of the FRS Facebook group only, but I am aware there is some interest here, so here are links to the newly available programmes. Note that this is from the middle to late period of the show's life, and some of the earlier recordings were of medium wave broadcasts, so caveat emptor...
1985-01-25 (Robin George, Tokyo Blade)1985-05-24 (Bryan Adams in concert)1985-08-16 (Venom)1985-10-25 (Saxon live)1985-11-01 (Venom, Tara Zara)1987-06-19 (Marillion interview)1987-06-26 (Fast Kutz)1987-09-11 (Wild!)1988-01-22 (Slammer)
All the bestSteve
div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;w