[peel] This week's shares

m.Luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Mon May 16 22:43:39 CEST 2016

Many thanks for continuing to piece together the jigsaw ... not my favourite period but I struggle through the shows and find the occasional gem ...e.g. we're old we're fat and we're slow ...

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "stuartb@brooks22.plus.com [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 16/05/2016  13:13  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] This week's shares

      The next batch of 10 SL tapes are now complete.

The first tape, L397 was easy enough - the box was empty! I will scan the tracklists in time though it was definitely from January 1993, which is completely tracklisted thanks to Lorcan.
L398 contained a side of Andy Kershaw from 23rd January 1993, followed by the second bit of the Peel Show of the same date - only individual tracks previously available for that section, with other segments previously shared from the SL tapes

L399 and L400 contained most of 29th January 1993, which were combined into one file, only individual tracks form mixtapes previously available. All but 2 tracks and the news now shared.

L401, L402a and L403a featur
ed most of 30th January 1993, again combined into 1 file, and mostly new. 4 tracks are missing from the start of the show, but the first is available from one of the mixtapes.

L402b contained a side of Andy Kershaw from the 30th. (same place on the Mooo as the 23rd)

L403b was filled in a few months later, kicking off with the last 21 minutes of 30th April 1993 (funnily enough 2 of the tracks, the rare Cutler session track and Fairport Convention, were only recently shared from Rob's session tapes) then a 15 minute new section from late on the show of 1st May 1993 (show not definitively dated but it ties in with the already available bits of the show shared from the SL Tapes).

L404 featured 2 side of 5th February 1993 which dovetail with the existing 2 shares from the SL tapes - when combined with the missing first track of the show which is on a mixtape, the show is effectively complete minus the news bulletins.

As you'll see I have managed to number the L tapes in rough chronological order - so I will complete this batch of 10 once I start the next one as I think I could combine some of the sides into a longer file.

So I found time on this trip to Ripping Central to redo one of the Derby Box Memorex tapes - this time 19th November 1979, available from the usual place.

Stuart/Weatherman22