This week's shares

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Mon May 16 14:13:24 CEST 2016

The next batch of 10 SL tapes are now complete.

The first tape, L397 was easy enough - the box was empty! I will scan the tracklists in time though it was definitely from January 1993, which is completely tracklisted thanks to Lorcan.
L398 contained a side of Andy Kershaw from 23rd January 1993 http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/Stuart/Andy%20Kershaw/, followed by the second bit of the Peel Show of the same date http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/23_January_1993 - only individual tracks previously available for that section, with other segments previously shared from the SL tapes

L399 and L400 contained most of 29th January 1993 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_January_1993, which were combined into one file, only individual tracks form mixtapes previously available. All but 2 tracks and the news now shared.

L401, L402a and L403a featured most of 30th January 1993 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_January_1993, again combined into 1 file, and mostly new. 4 tracks are missing from the start of the show, but the first is available from one of the mixtapes.

L402b contained a side of Andy Kershaw from the 30th. (same place on the Mooo as the 23rd)

L403b was filled in a few months later, kicking off with the last 21 minutes of 30th April 1993 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_April_1993 (funnily enough 2 of the tracks, the rare Cutler session track and Fairport Convention, were only recently shared from Rob's session tapes) then a 15 minute new section from late on the show of 1st May 1993 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/01 May 1993 (show not definitively dated but it ties in with the already available bits of the show shared from the SL Tapes).

L404 featured 2 side of 5th February 1993 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/05_February_1993 which dovetail with the existing 2 shares from the SL tapes - when combined with the missing first track of the show which is on a mixtape, the show is effectively complete minus the news bulletins.

As you'll see I have managed to number the L tapes in rough chronological order - so I will complete this batch of 10 once I start the next one as I think I could combine some of the sides into a longer file.

So I found time on this trip to Ripping Central to redo one of the Derby Box Memorex tapes - this time 19th November 1979, available from the usual place.

Stuart/Weatherman22