A later Jan 1983 Jensen/Peel uploading to Moo and...

clashbore18@... clashbore18@...
Mon Jan 11 17:01:38 CET 2016

Lets remember here that ( betting without the Derby tapes ) certainly many tapes are over 30-35 years old - were recorded on ( at best ) mid range radio cassette players ( in my case not even a music centre ) Also much of it is medium wave or a pretty weedy FM signal,  Actually , especially with that first batch of 1978 Peel shows from the 400 Box that was the charm of them. With all that drifting in and out , overspill , flanging and whistling...it really sounded like we were in someones flat back in 1978. Much as I love the Derby tapes , it sounds like they could have been recorded last week.
 So...I'm sure you can improve the sound a bit but certainly in my case the recordings are pretty hissy and recorded on very modest equipment in the first place. Not sure how much they can be improved although I am reading people's suggestions very carefully with a view to purchasing something... thanks.