[peel] Full show just appeared on Mixcloud (June1980)

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Aug 2 17:21:37 CEST 2016

Interesting, Mixcloud seem to be doing all it can to prevent most download techniques from working correctly.

My usual downmixcloud.com site only creates a small bit of a file. Clipconverter also seems to give up at about 10% then serves up an incomplete file.

Using the Google Chrome Inspect command to discover the m4a file URL allows it to be loaded fine in a browser, I then use IE11 as that is set to download rather than play a file. The download begins at full speed then slows to 20kbs which must be what is confusing the converter sites. But it does look like it will complete the download.

Stuart

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:49 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Full show just appeared on Mixcloud (June1980)

As always, the easy way is to place your mouse at an empty space within Chrome, then right click and select the bottom choice ("N") (I don't know the English name 'cos my interface is in Chinese, but maybe it could be "iNspect") Then launch the media, you will see a blue long bar on the bottom left half of the screen, and on the right hand half you will notice the url of the media file which should be something like xxxxxx.m4a. You can copy that link and use whatever download software you have and download it.

Complicate? It's as simple as I can make of. Hope you can figure it out.

---