New mixtape from RobF

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Tue Apr 5 16:32:41 CEST 2016

It's been a bit quiet for new shares recently, apart from the Dweemis Youtube series which is now up to Tape 46.

Rob recently sent me his collection of Session Mixtapes (along with the rest of the Derby Box), and I've started to digitise and upload these.

The first http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/RF_Sessions_1one is from various dates in 1987, and includes sessions from the Capitols, Primitives, 14 Iced Bears and Brilliant Corners.

It was recorded on a WH SMITH FE-1 C-60 (!) It sounds like it has been recorded over a Billy Idol album, the snippets of which, needless to say, have been excluded. I think Rob reused the tape again judging by the bit of 20th May at the end of side two, gradually filling each side with sessions from through the year. The tape has had an exciting life, as the leader is missing from the start of the tape, with music starting instantly on play after rewind. Nonetheless I've managed to extract a good sound from it.

Where I've been able to deduce dates, and that adds either to availability or quality to existing shares, date pages have also been edited or created.

There were a few tapes in the first half of the Derby Box that weren't quite as clear on their first rip (mainly the Memorex ones) so I've earmarked them to have another go at, the first result is from 16th January 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/16_January_1980, the V2 file.

Stuart