[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Mon Mar 30 17:32:10 CEST 2015

Cheers again Rob.

For info the 4th June show is named 29th May on the Mooo.

Re the Fuji muffle, your symptoms confirm to me that the Fuji pressure pads and/or springs have deteriorated. Most decks can't maintain enough tension to keep the tape tight against the head to compensate for a faulty pressure pad unless it is a Nakamichi which actually lifts them out of the way.

There might be better tension just at the point you press play as quite often when you put a tape in at first the deck will tighten the tension by rotating the capstan(s), just to reduce the chance of loose tape feeding into the deck. But you will only get the benefit of this extra tension just as you press play.

If you keep a note of the worst tapes then I don't mind having a go at them after we've completed our halves of the box.

Stuart