[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

RobF robfleay@...
Mon Mar 30 16:21:06 CEST 2015

Derby Box booty for the week (hopefully a large weekly digest is more
palatable than dripping them through one at a time?)

I'm in the middle of a large batch of Hitachi tapes and finding some
problems at the start of each side where the first few seconds tend to
descend into a muffled sound and then revert back to normal. A couple of
times the muffling continued indefinitely (yet if I pressed stop then play,
it would disappear..only to reappear a few seconds later). It seemed
totally random, but I've managed to eliminate most of it from the rips. It
could be my tape deck, but odd that it's only present on this brand of
cassette.

DB073 and DB074 contain the Friday Rock Show from 4 May 1979
<http://fridayrockshow.wikia.com/wiki/04_May_1979>
A couple of archived Roxy Music sessions, but this is another FRS where
Haze already shared the full show
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/Friday%20Rock%20Show/1979-05-04%20Friday%20Rock%20Show%20DB073+DB074.mp3>

DB075 & DB076 were two of the tapes that were sold on ebay prior to us
taking possession of the collection
Contained the full Peel show from  7 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_May_1979>Skids and Siouxise in session (for
which we have the tracklistings and a partial rip from the Hinton box).
A section of the Peel show from 9 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/09_May_1979> Adam & The Ants and Resistance in
session (no rip exists)
A section of the Peel show from 10 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_May_1979> Crass in session (no rip exists)

DB077 & DB078 contain the full Peel show from 16 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/16_May_1979>
The Lurkers & The Cure in session. Previously unshared
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-05-16/>

DB078 & DB079 contain (almost) the full Peel show from 21 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_May_1979>
The Ruts in session. Previously available in part via the Hinton Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-05-21/>

The remainder of DB079 contains 50 minutes of the Peel show from 24 May 1979
Shake in session. Previously available in part via the Hinton Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-05-24/>

DB080 & DB081 contain the Friday Rock Show from 25 May 1979
<http://fridayrockshow.wikia.com/wiki/25_May_1979>
Jimi Hendrix archive sessions but this is another FRS where Haze already
shared the full show
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/Friday%20Rock%20Show/1979-05-25%20Friday%20Rock%20Show%20DB080+DB081.mp3>

DB081 & DB082 contain the full Peel show from 28 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/28_May_1979>
Buzzcocks and The Damned in session. Previously available in full from the
400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-05-28/>

DB082 & DB083 contain the full Peel shown from 29 May 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_May_1979>
The Specials and Resistance in session. Previously available in full from
the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-05-29/>

The remainder of DB083 contains the first 25 minutes of the Peel show from  4
June 1979 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_June_1979>
Linton Kwesi Johnson and The Skids in session. Previously available in full
from the 400 Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-06-04/>

Happy listening!