[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

RobF robfleay@...
Mon Mar 23 12:02:04 CET 2015

This week's treasure from the Derby-end of the Derby Box

DB067 contains 95 minutes of the Peel Show from 12 April 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_April_1979>
Previously unshared and un-wiki'd
Sessions from Joe Jackson and Monochrome Set
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-12/>

Side A of DB069 contains 47 minutes of the Peel Show from 19 April 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_April_1979>
Previously unshared and un-wiki'd
Records only show. Interesting that he plays a track from the JJ Burnel
album despite confessing that he doesn't like it, but thinks that people
might like to hear it.
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-19/>

DB070 and Side A of DB071 contain the complete John Peel show from 23 April
1979 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/23_April_1979>
40 minutes of excerpts from this show were in the 400 Box but this is the
usual sound improvement
Penetration and Tom Robinson Band in session
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-23/>

Side B of DB069 and Side B of DB071 contain 1 hour 10 minutes of the Peel
Show from 24 April 1979 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_April_1979>
Previously unshared and un-wiki'd
Sessions from The Edge (not the be-hatted tit from U2) and The Ruts
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-24/>

Side A of DB072 contains the first  47 minutes of the Peel Show from 30
April 1979 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_April_1979>
1 hour 40mins of this show was available from the 400 Box in lower quality
with speed issues.
Sessions from Shake and Neon Hearts
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-30/>

Side B of DB072 and DB073 contains the complete John Peel show  from 01 May
1979 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/01_May_1979>
Previously unshared and un-wiki'd
Sessions from Frankie Miller and The Raincoats
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-05-01/>

And finally....for the Friday Rock Show fans...
DB068 contains 1 hour 35 minutes of the FRS show from 13 April 1979
<http://fridayrockshow.wikia.com/wiki/13_April_1979>
Looks like only the 1974 Pink Floyd DSotM gig section has been shared
previously, so some new content
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/Friday%20Rock%20Show/1979-04-13%20Friday%20Rock%20Show%20DB068.mp3>