[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

RobF robfleay@...
Mon Mar 16 15:18:32 CET 2015

Some more Derby Box rips for you all

DB064 & DB065 contain the complete Peel Show from 2 April 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/02_April_1979>
Sessions from Frankie Miller and Adam & The Ants. Only a few snippets of
this show were previously shared from the Hinton Box
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-02/>

DB065 & DB066 contain the complete Peel Show from 5 April 1979
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/05_April_1979>
Previously unshared with sessions from Neon Hearts and Joy Division. . No
wiki page yet
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/John%20Peel%201979%20Tapes/1979-04-05/>

Both these two shows have a great mix of music  highlighting exactly where
things were at in early 1979. The remnants of Punk, beginnings of New Wave,
lots of regagge plus old school rock from the likes of Thin Lizzy, Lowell
George, Man etc

Then for the Friday Rock Show enthusiasts...

DB063 & DB064 contained the complete Friday Rock Show from 30 March 1979
<http://fridayrockshow.wikia.com/wiki/30_March_1979> albeit still missing
the TV outro. Full show was already shared on the FRS wiki , but I've not
compared the two sources
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/Friday%20Rock%20Show/1979-03-30%20Friday%20Rock%20Show%20DB063+DB064.mp3>

The very end of DB066 contained the FRS Friday Nigh Connection from 6 April
1979 <http://fridayrockshow.wikia.com/wiki/06_April_1979>
The whole show is available on the FRS wiki, but I've uploaded to Mooo for
completeness
Mooo
<http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/RobF/Friday%20Rock%20Show/1979-04-06%20Friday%20Rock%20Show%20DB066%20(FNC%20Only).mp3>