[peel] Re: That was the end of Bedward

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Tue Jun 23 21:16:29 CEST 2015

Unfamiliar with this work but looking forward to hearing it - likewise I have a load of time for Mr Sherwood. Caught him at Womad mixing for Lee Scratch Perry a few years back - the fact that the Upsetter gave him such honour says more than I could ever.
Read the wikipedia entry for Mr Bedward - its amazing. Eg
"Later Bedward proclaimed that he was a reincarnation of Jesus Christ and that, like Elijah, he would ascend into heaven in a flaming chariot. He then expected to rain down fire on those that did not follow him, thereby destroying the whole world. In 1921 he and 800 followers marched in to Kingston “to do battle with his enemies.” This however didn’t result in him flying to heaven. Bedward and his followers were arrested and he was sent to mental asylum for the second time where he remained to the end of his life."