[peel] God Speed You Black Emperor

RobF robfleay@...
Wed Jan 14 10:36:38 CET 2015

My guess would be that during the session at Maida Vale, it was recorded in
two parts - hence the session sheets would have referred to it that way. It
actually ended up as three different GYBE songs upon release I think?

However it was broadcast as one long 18 minute track, and Peel announced it
as ..Oven...not ..Queen..

Again my guess would be he misread the word Queen as Oven on a handwritten
sheet?