Two new 1980 shows

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Thu Feb 26 00:12:48 CET 2015

Side 2 of DB208 contained the first 47 minutes of 25th November 1980 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_November_1980, featuring a half-speed sig tune in honour of a recent Liverpool reverse, and TV21 and Modern English in session.

 DB209 and DB210 were sold separately, hopefully to appear on these shores soon.

 Instead we jump to DB211 to a show I remember clearly, as it is the one on the day of John Lennon's death, and I awoke to the same Today programme as John. As far as the rest of the show http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/09_December_1980is concerned, there are sessions from Theatre of Hate and The Freeze, a trio of new tracks from an unknown promo for the Undertones' next album, remarkably only the third known play for Bob Dylan in the 1980s, and at least the 5th play for Israel in the space of a month...

 Stuart