[peel] Hullo All - Could i ask for a show (re)upload please

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Tue Feb 24 15:03:40 CET 2015

That's the simplest explanation I have yet seen - now can someone explain why a word that comes from Arabic al-sumūt, meaning "the directions" and is an angular measurement in a spherical coordinate system [copied from internet!) means you get a screwdriver out to change the quality of teh sound on a cassette!

________________________________
 From: "'Stuart Brooks' stuartb@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 24 February 2015, 13:56
Subject: Re: [peel] Hullo All - Could i ask for a show (re)upload please

It’s quite easy, just remove cassette door, play a tape, twiddle the little
screw to the left of the playback head with a little silver cross-head
screwdriver until it sounds clearest, then put the door back on. If you’re lucky
there might even be a little hole so you don’t need to take off the door. Should
then be OK for all the tapes. You’ll know if it needs doing if the sound is
woolly/muffled/squishy in the treble.

Then again it might already be set up OK!