[peel] Half a dozen Derby shows

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Thu Feb 12 17:33:37 CET 2015

Meant to say the final tape was back to the Fuji. My technique of manually winding on the start of side A so missing just a bit of Grinder switch worked out fine  but I noticed some strange variations in volume and tone on side b when ripping so I made a mental note to replay the offending section of tape to make sure that the fault was during recording not playback.
When side b finished recording, naturally the leader detached from the tape so I had to repair it anyway to find out. .  .
The upshot is, yes the weird sound effects are on the tape and it sounds like maybe a fault on the recording deck or the broadcast, hopefully the latter.

The quality of the actual tape is better than the Yashimas, which seem to be showing a little deterioration and the first signs of mould on the tape edge