[peel] The Men They Couldn't Hang - 1984/85 sessions and Live

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Sat Sep 13 12:01:24 CEST 2014

Would hope we can help Nigel - is primary session source (MW) still recuperating!? - a fave band from their early days and my son has just discovered my first two albums and singles in my vinyl collection. Memory of stomping to them at various anti fascist events in early 80s...

I am sure someone said that people were able to get hold of bbc sessions now as artists - I will ask someone who I thought was doing this.

________________________________
 From: "Stuart Brooks stuartb@... [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2014, 12:57
Subject: Re: [peel] The Men They Couldn't Hang - 1984/85 sessions and Live

Hi Nigel
There is a show available from December 1984 on the Peel Wikia featuring the ICA set but was part of a tape collection recorded on AM radio and this may be the source of the YouTube videos.
There is nothing showing on the BBC International list of In Concerts which are available for rebroadcast on other radio stations.
I take it you have tried the BBC direct? I have seen some ICA shows rebroadcast on 6Music so it is entirely possible they have a copy.
Regarding sessions then again I would try the BBC though I have three of the first and two of the second session in FM quality
Stuart.