[peel] Re: S013 and S014

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Wed Oct 22 01:51:21 CEST 2014

That’s some memory you have Doc.

I remember hearing a track in the car in 1982 and remembering I’d heard it on the Peel Show a few months before that, not knowing what it was at the time. I remember these facts, and where I was in the car hearing it,  but I have no idea what the track or artist was or even what it sounds like.

I live in hope that my memory will one day be jogged by one of these old tapes!
Stuart

From: mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 7:54 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: S013 and S014

Just listened to this one myself. Excellent quality recording and some great records too. In fact, it's solved a 30 year old mystery for me. I remember hearing a track on Radio Luxembourg one evening. It was a largely instrumental electro piece. I never did catch the name of it and it's bugged me ever since. Finally, Peel (and Stewart, plus Stuart) gives me the answer! It's "Prepare To Energise" by Torch Song. Not a hit in the UK, surprisingly.

DM