[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Fri Nov 21 13:37:21 CET 2014

I think Mr Gamb was a "true"/close BBC radio friend of JP. I used to listen occasionally to Gamb's US chart show in the 70's. When I heard "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright I was blown away (and still am) and bought the album. Incredibly, it did absolutely zilch in UK, not even Top 50, but got to number 1 in Canada and number 2 in USA. If anyone doubts the power of marketing !!! These 1978 Gamb shows are great, some new-wave, some then-newish trad pop/rock, some oldies/blues/misc...