[peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

Rocker rockerq@...
Fri Nov 21 11:15:49 CET 2014

This one willl be fascinating for me - I remember listening to it in the comfort of the parental home, three weeks before moving to a strange new town (Bristol) to be a student - I must have been impressed by the Gruppo Sportivo session because on my first night off the leash I walked two miles across the outskirts of town, map in hand, to see them play at what was then Bristol Polytechnic.

Soon after that, like so many bands, they disappeared entirely, presumably back to Holland, but I still dig out their single 'rock'n'roll' occasionally.

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: RobF robfleay@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 21, 2014 9:57 am
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Derby Box begins..

Today's Derby box tape is 90 minutes of the 06 September 1978 show - the third night of Paul Gambaccini standing in for Peel that week.

Sessions from Squeeze and Gruppo Sportivo

1978-09-06 (Paul Gambaccini)

I'm guessing from the slightly smoother playlists that went on this week, these were programmed by PG and not Peel

I wouldn't recommend you all rush to this one, I can only listen to about 5 seconds of Gambo before wanting to stick my head in a bucket of water. Back in 1978 he was particularly smarmy

Apologies to the Gambo fans