[peel] Talisman

Pete Conkerton klacktoveedesteen@...
Mon Mar 24 11:39:42 CET 2014

Much obliged, Stuart. The Peel session at least is complete, can't comment on the Skinner session as I seem to have mislaid my copy of 'In Session Tonight'...

RobF, yes indeed. It's rare enough to find a venue that actually treats the punters like human beings, let alone one with all the other pluses of the Brudenell. JP would have been very much at home there, I feel. Going back tomorrow night to see how Johnny Marr manages with a cast on his hand...

Cheers aye, Pete

On Sunday, 23 March 2014, 15:38, Stuart Brooks <stuartb@...> wrote:

OK I have uploaded two Talisman sessions from 1981, one for Peel and one
for Skinner. Don’t know if they are complete. They are in my Mooo folder.
Stuart

From: Pete Conkerton
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 2:03 PM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Talisman

On edit, found two of the tracks on a mixtape on the 9/9/81 page -
should've looked there first - so just one missing.

Pete

On Sunday, 23 March 2014, 12:43, Pete
Conkerton <klacktoveedesteen@...> wrote:

To the rather lovely Leeds Brudenell last night for an excellent gig by The
Selecter supported by Talisman. I was then surprised to find that I don't have
Talisman's only Peel session (9th Sept 1981). I don't suppose....?

Forthcoming events at the Brudenell of interest to this group: Cud, The
Rezillos (supported by Spizzenergi), Shonen Knife, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion,
Stackridge, Melt Banana, The Three Johns & The Magic Band. It's all
happening in Leeds.

Cheers aye, Pete